Frequently Asked Questions

About the school

  • Where is the school?
    The school is located near the Tochigi prefecture “Utsunomiya” station in the Kanto area, convenient transportation, it is possible to use it for Tokyo Shinkansen 47 minutes to Tokyo. There are many department stores and supermarkets around the school, and purchasing life goods is also very convenient.
  • Please tell me about the admission period and the learning period.
    The entrance time will be four in one year of January, April, July, October. You can enroll for more than 1 year, up to 2 years.
  • Is there a school dorm?
    Yes, it is in the school building. (5th to 8th floor, resident managers, women’s float installed)
  • Is there pickup from the airport?
    There is. I apply to the school before coming to Japan and I will meet you at Narita Airport and Haneda Airport. However, transportation expenses from the airport to the dormitory are self-borne. (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, night flights are eligible)
  • Are there any foreign language speaking staff?
    Yes, there are speaking staff such as Chinese, English and Korean.

About visa

  • How long does it take to get a study abroad visa?
    It takes about five months from application to acquisition to obtain a study abroad visa. It will take about two and a half months to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility to the Immigration Bureau and receive a Certificate of Eligibility. After having received the Certificate of Eligibility from the Immigration Bureau, go to the embassy or consulate of your country to apply and apply for a study abroad visa.
  • Do I need to translate Japanese into my application documents?
    For documents other than Japanese, please contact us in detail.
  • Are you applying for a study abroad visa yourself?
    Saint Mary will apply for a visa to study at the Immigration Bureau. However, prepare the necessary documents to apply.

About the course

  • How do you decide the course class?
    After enrollment, all students receive a placement test. It decides by the result and comprehensive evaluation.
  • Do you have a course for 6 months or 1 year?
    I do not have it. The shortest course will be a course of 1 year and 3 months.
  • Can I enroll midway?
    Yes, because there are conditions such as Japanese level and learning period, please inquire in detail.

About life in Japan

  • How much is your living expenses?
    Each student is different, but when you put rent, food expenses, utility expenses, daily living expenses etc., the average is around 60,000 to 100,000.
  • Can I work part-time?
    In order to work part-time, it is necessary to apply for and acquire “permission to work outside the status of residence” at Immigration Bureau. After obtaining, you can work part-time 28 hours in a week. “Certificate of non-qualification activity permit” can be obtained after entering the country, enrolling in a study abroad visa. Please note that this application can be made free of charge.
  • What kind of part time job are the students?
    The Lord has part-time jobs at restaurants, factories, convenience stores, and so on.
  • Besides the lesson, when it is in trouble you should consult with someone.
    Because Japanese, Chinese, English, Korean-speaking staff teachers are stationed, it is possible to consult at any time. Also, at the school orientation at the time of admission, we will carefully explain not only rules at school but also basic rules and manners in Japan. I will review and explain the schedule for one year.
  • Is there a medical insurance system for foreign students?
    All foreign students who are staying in Japan for more than 3 months are obliged to join the same ‘National Health Insurance’ as the Japanese. In the case of treatment targeted for this National Health Insurance, 70% of medical expenses will be covered and the remaining 30% will be paid by you.

About scholarship

  • Is there a scholarship system?
    yes, I have. There are also scholarships from St. Mary ‘s Japanese Language Institute and scholarships to support external organizations.
For questions about st'Mary please contact the following.


Reception: Weekdays (Mon-Fri) 9:00-18:00